- @ Red Larch
- Nyx spoke to Hayleigha after returning from the forest and heard about sightings of birds with riders – no word on the delegation or specific tensions rising, land is drying up and crops are dying.
- Kaylessa had no information for Anika
- Marlandro – Larman Greenboot, a local shepherd is a fairly regular person at the bar and is still telling his story about fresh graves
o Dekarian asks if anyone has investigated it, or done anything about this, NO
o Shep offers to show the party in exchange for mead
- The party go with the shepherd and find 4 freshly dug shallow graves
- Nyx casts detect magic using a ritual and detects no magic. Anika casts unseen servant
- Larman explains that he grazes sheep nearby and passes the graves regularly. He first saw the graves 5 weeks ago around the time the delegation went missing
- The party digs up bodies (using the unseen servant). They find a male dwarf in artisan robes, a female human warrior both have the symbol of the delegation. 2 male human warriors one in stony armor and the other wearing a robe with feathers on the shoulders.
- Anika loots bodies and finds nothing of value
- There is a good view of the hills, and the party can see red larch / the long road. To the north they can see an old tower with birds
- The party head towards the spire and arrive at noon. Approach the drawbridge brass bell. Nyx rings the bell and a view hole opens in draw bridge. Female face appears “welcome friends to Feathergale spire what brings you here?”
- Anika wants to look at view – the party is invited in, pending a discussion with the main guy. The drawbridge lowers and they go inside
- Savra B “come with me” They go to the 2nd level where the great hall is.
- No one knows who built the spire, but the Feathergale knights have taken up presence.
o The knights are “elite aerial mount enthusiasts”
- Dekarian asks what type of mounts and it is confirmed they use hippogriffs
- @ the pinnacle, commander welcomes the party and introductions are made (Muroska)
- Dekarian mentions the strange occurrences and Muroska’s face darkens, he mentions depraved cultists and a feast is mentioned.
- Anika asks about the mounts and finds out they are held in stables on the lower level
- Art asks about the delegation and the party are told they haven’t been seen – Dekarian notices this isn’t the full story.
- The party go to the stables and find 4 hippogriffs and 2 giant vultures. Nyx feeds one of the hippogriffs and then after having watched Nyx, Dekarian also feeds one.
- Anika asks about the cultists and is told the same stuff as already known (re: crushing wave cultists)
- Party goes to the solarium where there are 4 gentlemen, barrels of water etc. Anika questions them about the plants and Dekarian asks about the knighthood
- There is a feast
- Muroska is at the head of the table and asks about the party’s adventures, Art tells the stories, specifically about the water cultists and the knights seem impressed and offer up their own stories
- Near the end of the feast, the door bursts open and someone calls “Manticore – It’s on the move!”
- The party offers to help, and head down to get some mounts. Anika chooses to ride with one of the professionals.
- 4 knights on vultures launch from the pinnacle and head towards the mouth of the river. Art and Dekarian know the general direction of the manticore and the party heads towards it.
- The party drops below the fog and spot a shadow that streaks between us and the knights, there is a call of a horn alerting of a sighting and then battle happens.
- Anika kills the manticore and the remaining knights meet us around the manticore and praise the party
- Dekarian removes the manticore’s head and the party heads back.
- Muroska gives Dekarian a ring worth 250gp and Anika asks again about the strange occurrences
- They are invited to the great hall to tell the story and then stay the night. The party has a long rest.
- The next morning, Anika casts detect magic and finds none, Art heads out to the great hall to see if he can find someone to talk to (it takes a while, but Art finds someone and he asks about the cultists and the person sticks to their story, Art uses a spell that causes the man to open up about the cultists because we are his friends. He speaks of being a member of the “Howling Hatred cult”)
o They follow air elemental, and worship wind/storms. They believe these have the power to punish, it’s a means to an end – destruction for its own sake.
Basically, everyone is in a cult.
They follow the prophet AC
- Crushing wave = crass mercenaries too pragmatic to appreciate the HH. It was the HH’s job to kidnap the delegates however they were ambushed by the black earth cult and the delegates were taken to the Sacred Stone Monastery
- Art shares this information and then goes to the top of the tower to talk to Muroska and thanks him. He states that the party are going to investigate the monastery and Anika comments on the architecture. Muroska wishes them luck.
- They borrow two hippogriffs who will stay until they dismount and leave to investigate the monastery